The hotter the weather in Boynton Beach the harder your AC works, which can also mean more breakdowns. Especially if your AC is an older unit and you haven’t been maintaining it with regular AC tune-ups.
If your air conditioner stops working in the middle of summer don’t panic, all you need to do is call East Coast Mechanical (ECM) and one of our skilled AC technicians will be at your door in 60 minutes or less. It’s best not to let it go this far though.
6 Signs It’s Time for a New Air Conditioner
- AC Repair Costs Increase-If your air conditioning system is continually breaking down and the repairs are expensive you need to consider whether it makes more sense to purchase a new AC unit, or to keep spending money on the repairs. In many cases it depends on how frequent the repairs are and how expensive. If it’s something minor like a new thermostat, go ahead and repair it. If you need to replace the condensing unit coil or air compressor you should consider replacing your AC unit.
- Refrigerant Leak-If your air conditioner has stopped cooling you may have a refrigerant leak. If your AC is leaking refrigerant this is a sign that something is wrong with your AC. If your system requires R-22 it can become very expensive. Many AC units over 10 years old require R-22, which can be as expensive as $100 pound. Not only is it expensive but it’s going to become obsolete in 2019. It will be illegal to manufacture R-22 in 2020, because of the effect it is having on the ozone layer. If you need R-22, ECM can provide it at a huge Discount of $60 per pound while our inventory lasts, or you may consider purchasing a new more energy efficient air conditioner sooner rather than wasting the money on a costly repair.
- Your HVAC is over 10 Years Old-Most air conditioners will last about 12-15 years if they are well maintained. If you haven’t been taking care of your HVAC by getting AC Tune-Ups twice a year you will most likely need to replace your AC in the near future.
- Your Energy Bill is Increasing-an increasing energy bill is another sign that your AC may be on its way out or it may be in need of a good tune-up. Take a look at your energy bills last year for the same months and compare what you were paying then to what you’ repaying today. If there is a noticeable increase it’s time to call ECM for an AC diagnosis.
- Your Home is Either Too Cold or Too Hot-One way to determine if your AC isn’t working efficiently is if it’s more difficult to maintain a comfortable temperature in your home. A well running air conditioner will be able to keep your home cool in the summer and comfortable at night. If you’re having trouble keeping a comfortable temperature in your home you should have your air conditioner checked out.
- A Bad Smell-if there is a bad smell coming from your AC unit it’s important to have this checked out. It could be a dirty coil, full of some form of biological growth than can be dangerous to your families health.
Getting a new air conditioner can be expensive but keep in mind you will be saving money in the long run. Your energy bills will go down, you will have less AC repairs, and the newer units are more efficient.
If you’re considering getting a new air conditioner contact ECM today. We will send out one of our experienced AC technicians to give you a complete 99 point home survey and help you decide on the right air conditioner for your home 561-585-9850.
Connect with ECM:
Follow ECM Air Conditioning on Facebook
Follow ECM Air Conditioning on Twitter
Follow ECM Air Conditioning on LinkedIn
Follow ECM Air Conditioning on the Instagram
Follow ECM Air Conditioning on the Pinterest
Browse ECM Air ConditioningJobs