A ductless heating and cooling system, also known as a ductless mini-split or ductless heat pump system, is gaining popularity in the US. The clever technology provides functionality throughout the year in delivering thermal comfort in the house. Even so, not every household may be suitable for this system.
About the Technology
A mini-split system can increase and decrease indoor air temperature. The mechanism works like regular AC but is irreversible. During the summer, the system will remove heat from the indoor air and send it outside. On the contrary, it will take in the heat from outside to release it indoors during winter.
One package of ductless heat pump consists of one outdoor unit and one or multiple indoor units. Each indoor unit can be located in a different room, making the system possible to regulate the temperature of multiple zones simultaneously. Each indoor unit has its remote control, allowing you to set a different temperature for each room.
This system’s popularity proves how it offers beneficial solutions that are hard to resist by many people. Here are some of those:
● High efficiency. Using this system can save up to 30% of energy consumption compared to conventional furnaces and central AC.
● It can cater to multiple rooms at the same time with different temperature settings.
● Lower risk of energy leaks because it has no duct. Leaky ductwork can waste up to 30% of energy consumption, which is pretty common in central AC.
● It does not require a professional to install.
● It is much more secure than a window unit, which could be a subject for intruders or thieves.
● Its small size makes it easy to position it in your room. You can mount it either on the wall or the ceiling.
● Save spaces because you don’t need ductwork nor plenty of outdoor units.
● Some models have a WiFi connection to allow you to control it via your gadgets.
Before deciding to install the system, you need to know what drawbacks you need to anticipate first. Here are what might bother you from having ductless heating and cooling in your house:
● The initial cost is quite expensive. It is about 30% higher than the central AC and almost 100% higher than the window unit.
● The unit is visible, which might affect your home aesthetic, especially if your house has beautiful interior design.
● The heat pump might not be warm enough in freezing temperatures. But, you can have an extended feature of a cold-climate heat pump to improve its capability.
● The calculation might be a little bit tricky, and the wrong size can lead to huge inefficiency. You need a professional to get you the exact size.
It is interesting to have a ductless heating and cooling system in your house. Although it might be expensive to initiate, all the benefits will make it worth it in time. And if you are still unsure whether this system is suitable for your needs or not, you can discuss the matter with the HVAC contractor you trust.
ECM Air Conditioning, with its headquarters located in Boynton Beach, FL, provides air conditioning services within Palm Beach County, Broward County, Martin County, and St. Lucie County. If you’re having issues with your HVAC system, we’re on-call and ready to assist you with your air conditioning needs. So if you’re in need of an HVAC Contractor, don’t hesitate to contact us today to schedule an air conditioning service call diagnostic! Our HVAC experts will diagnose any issues that may be occurring with your HVAC system and help to repair your AC issue on the spot.
Best of all, because ECM is the largest HVAC company in South Florida our local warehouse facility that is 69,000 SQFT houses over $1 million in inventory and fully stocks our 127 vehicles on the road, making us one of the very few AC service companies capable of repairing most issues right on the spot. That means no waiting and no downtime without air conditioning for you & your family in the blistering Florida heat!
Call us at 561-295-1763 or contact our HVAC team online.