A cooling system tune-up is an essential service you should get at least once a year. It is best to do it during the spring because you will need your AC to run in its prime condition during summer. Before you get the job done, here are a few things you need to know:
Why Would You Need It?
Having a regular tune-up done on your cooling system will prove beneficial and prevent inconvenient issues from arising:
- Expands the lifespan of the AC unit by minimizing the risk of early wear and tear.
- Improves its energy efficiency, which will lower your monthly energy bill.
- Allows your system to run optimally, which will give you utmost comfort and smooth operation.
- Detects faulty parts or any other troubles before things grow worse, which could result in more serious consequences and higher repair costs.
The Cooling System Tune-Up Checklist
It is much better to hire professional HVAC technicians to deal with your cooling system tune-up. Not only will they know what to do, but they have the necessary skills to fix the problems. While different companies provide different services for their tune-up package, most of them usually include these common tasks:
- Replacing the air filter with a newer clean one.
- Reviewing the thermostat to see if it needs recalibrating, resetting, or a battery replacement.
- Lubricating, tightening up, and testing out all the moving parts to minimize friction.
- Cleaning the coils of your AC.
- Clearing out debris and other obstacles around the outdoor unit.
- Unclogging the condensate drain line and clearing out the drain pan.
- Straightening up the condensate fins.
- Reviewing all the electrical connections and charges, including the voltage and amperage.
- Measuring the refrigerant level and charging it if needed.
- Examining the blower and making adjustments as needed.
- Evaluating the whole cooling cycle to see if any other problem persists.
- Assessing safety control and making adjustments as needed.
How Much Will It Cost?
The cost for a cooling system tune-up is only around $100 to $200. This cost includes minor fixes for any trouble found during the tune-up. However, if there are any serious issues, your technician will let you know about it and come up with some suggestions on how to address the issue, as well as providing a quote.
Many people neglect their cooling system tune-up because they think it is a waste of money. Little do they realize that they are spending more money in the long run due to a poorly maintained system.
How beneficial the tune-up is will depend a lot on the quality of work your technicians deliver. Hence, pick only certified technicians from reputable HVAC companies to do the cooling system tune-up for your property. Do not fall easily for cheap offers from shady companies, because they may do more harm than good.
ECM Air Conditioning, with its headquarters located in Boynton Beach, FL, provides air conditioning services within Palm Beach County, Broward County, Martin County, and St. Lucie County. If you’re having issues with your HVAC system, we’re on-call and ready to assist you with your air conditioning needs. So if you’re in need of an HVAC Contractor, don’t hesitate to contact us today to schedule an air conditioning service call diagnostic! Our HVAC experts will diagnose any issues that may be occurring with your HVAC system and help to repair your AC issue on the spot.
Best of all, because ECM is the largest HVAC company in South Florida our local warehouse facility that is 69,000 SQFT houses over $1 million in inventory and fully stocks our 127 vehicles on the road, making us one of the very few AC service companies capable of repairing most issues right on the spot. That means no waiting and no downtime without air conditioning for you & your family in the blistering Florida heat!
Call us at 561-295-1763 or contact our HVAC team online.