When the weather gets a bit cooler not many people are thinking about having their AC checked. You may want to rethink this though. The winter months are an ideal time to have your AC maintained because you don’t have to worry as much about emergency AC breakdowns.
When you live in South Florida and the temperature starts to rise in March you want your AC unit to be in mint condition. The last thing you want is an AC emergency when the weather is uncomfortably warm.
If you do have an issue with your air conditioning unit and it needs repairing East Coast Mechanical (ECM) in Boynton Beach will be there within 60 minutes or less. Our certified AC technicians are always prepared for emergencies and only a phone call away, but rather than taking this risk it’s wise to have your AC maintained with an AC 21 Point Tune-Up today.
AC Unit Maintenance Tune-Up Starting Point
- Check AC Wiring-it’s important to have a certified AC technician check your AC wiring. ECM’s AC technicians are qualified to check for any signs of overheating or burned wires. They will check electrical connections to make sure everything is secure.
- Air Quality-it’s recommended that you change or clean reusable air filters at least once a month. AC filters can become full of pet dander, dust, dirt and other allergens. When this happens it can decrease the airflow of your AC unit causing it to work harder.
- Check Thermostat-making sure your thermostat is working properly is important when it comes to keeping your home at the right temperature. The new programmable thermostats are ideal for keeping your home comfortable. Keep in mind you should never turn your AC off during the day or when you go on vacation especially if you live in a warm climate.
- Clean Outside Unit-outside units can collect dirt, grass and leaves over time, which can decrease the AC’s air flow. One of our qualified AC technicians will clean the outside line to make sure everything is working properly.
- Vacuum and Flush the Drain Line-one of the most important things our certified AC technicians do is vacuum and flush the A/C condensation drain line. If this drain isn’t cleaned properly the drain can clog, grow mold causing musty odors in your home and cause a possible flood.
Contact ECM Today to Set Up an AC Maintenance 21 Point Tune-Up
The best time to think about maintaining your AC unit is during the pre-season months. Your AC’s coils, fins and filters require regular maintenance to help prevent failure during the hot summer months. Regular maintenance will also help to keep your utility bill low. Neglecting regular maintenance will reduce the performance of your AC and increase your chance for an AC service call when the weather gets hot and your AC is working harder. Call today to find out more about ECM’s full AC Maintenance Tune-up and to schedule an appointment 561-585-9850.
Follow East Coast Mechanical on Facebook
Follow East Coast Mechanical on LinkedIn
Follow East Coast Mechanical on YouTube