The Nest Learning thermostat is a popular smart home device. It allows you to control your home appliances from anywhere as long as there is an internet connection. This next-gen device is enabled via a smartphone app. Plus, the thermostat adapts to patterns and auto-adjusts the temperature in your home. You can also save energy by scheduling when your home should be heated or cooled.
The Nest Learning thermostat is great if you want a device that can help you manage your home temperature and save energy. It is simple to use and can be controlled from anywhere. The device also adapts to patterns and auto-adjusts the temperature in your home. You can save money on your energy bill by scheduling when your home should be heated or cooled.
Nest thermostat installation by pros
Now, the easiest way to have the Nest thermostat installed in your home is to hire a Nest thermostat installation pro. A professional can check the compatibility of Nest products with your current system before the setup and installation of your Nest thermostat is completed.
When it comes to saving money on your energy bill, a Nest thermostat can save you around 10-15% every month. In some cases, you may save even more money each month.
Nest thermostats are also very easy to use. The interface is user-friendly and the app is straightforward. You can control your Nest thermostat from anywhere in the world with your smartphone, tablet, or laptop.
Finally, you can have all your questions regarding the Nest thermostat answered. Installation pros also offer a Nest thermostat demo. Plus, having a Nest thermostat purchased from and installed by a pro gets you an extended pro warranty.
DIY thermostat installation
You may be considering installing the Nest thermostat yourself, which is also possible. Installation should take about 30 minutes.
You will need the Phillips-head screwdriver, which is included in the box, for the Nest thermostat installation. You may also need a smaller screwdriver for your old thermostat so you can remove the wires. The first thing you need to do is take off the faceplate of your old thermostat. On most models, there will be two screws that you need to remove in order to do this. With that in mind, let’s dive into the process of how to install the Nest thermostat in your home:
- Turn off your current thermostat. Then, switch off the circuit breaker for your thermostat.
- Next, see if the wires of your old thermostat are color-coded. If not, you need to label the wires of your current thermostat. However, 120 and 240-volt wires and thick wires from your old thermostat should not be connected to the wires of the Nest thermostat.
- Then, attach the blue stickers from the Nest thermostat installation guide to the correct wires.
- Remove the wires from the wall going to the old thermostat.
- Unscrew the old thermostat from the wall.
- Next, thread the wires to the center of the Nest thermostat base plate.
- Use the tiny bubble level to ensure the Nest thermostat is in the correct position.
- Mark two screw holes using a pencil.
- Cover the screw holes from the old thermostat by attaching a trim plate.
- Next, attach the Nest thermostat base to the wall. Secure it with the screws included in the box. Remember to screw the top screw first.
- Insert the labeled wires into the ports on the Nest thermostat.
- Next, line up the connector on the back of the display toward the port on the base plate to attach the Nest thermostat display.
- Switch on the circuit breaker and the Nest thermostat.
- Next, follow the instructions on the Nest thermostat display to connect the Nest to your wireless network. You need the password.
- Follow the additional setup instructions on the Nest thermostat display. You may need to update the firmware and ensure the wires are connected properly.
- Next, you can turn the Nest thermostat to the desired temperature.
- Don’t forget to download the Nest thermostat mobile app on Android or iOS devices.
- You can also connect the Nest thermostat to other smart home products and systems like Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Logitech Harmony, Wink, and Samsung Smart Things.
ECM provides electrical repair services with its headquarters located in Boynton Beach, FL, provides electrical services within Palm Beach County, Broward County, Martin County, and St. Lucie County. If you are having electrical problems, our on-call emergency repair specialists are here and ready to assist you. So if you’re in need of electrical repairs, don’t hesitate to contact us today to schedule a FREE diagnostic service call (with repair)! Our electrical repairs experts will diagnose your problem and inform you of the issue so that you can have the issue addressed and repaired on the spot! Call us at 561-295-1763 or contact our electrical repairs team.