An air conditioning unit is essential in any residential and commercial space. It helps cool down the room temperature and filters the air. Here’s what the service of an air conditioner generally includes:
The first step to any air conditioning service is the unit checkup. The technician checks the unit to identify a leakage inside the unit or from the pipes and tubes. While doing the checkup, the technician will also clean the unit by draining it and removing any accumulated dirt or debris over time. A unit checkup is necessary to ensure the system’s efficient performance and maximize its lifespan.
After the checkup, the technician will conduct a diagnostic test on the unit. This is done to identify any potential system problems and determine the best course of action to fix them. For example, the diagnostic test may include checking the refrigerant levels, testing the compressor, and checking the electrical components. Once the problem is diagnosed, the technician can recommend the best repair or replacement options.
Cleaning is mandatory in servicing an air conditioner. Aside from removing the dust, dirt, and debris from the unit, it is also essential to wash the fin and air filter with water and soap to remove or prevent mold buildup.
The condenser and evaporator fan also needs some cleaning, and the best time to do it is during the air conditioner service. Cleaning the fan enhances its performance, whether it is a window type or a split type.
When cleaning, don’t forget the coil. Accumulated dirt and dust on the coil may cause overheating of the system.
An air conditioner service includes inspection of the condenser unit, fan motor, evaporator unit, compressor, thermostat, pipes, power supply, and other air conditioning system parts. As a result, any possible problems are identified before affecting the system. Doing so ensures that the unit is fully functional. Not only does this save money on air conditioning repairs, but it also helps improve the system’s efficiency.
Just like other appliances at home, the air conditioner naturally goes through wear and tear, thus requiring regular servicing, maintenance, and repair. One of its benefits is that it boosts the performance and function of the unit. It helps the system run more efficiently without needing major repairs and replacements. Like your car, an air conditioner needs tune-ups to function at its best. Here are several benefits of having regular AC maintenance:
1) Prevents breakdowns and expensive repairs – Regular tune-ups and maintenance can prevent your system from breaking down and needing major repairs. This is because the technician can identify any potential issues and fix them before they become big problems.
2) Prolong the lifespan of your AC unit – Just like with any appliance, if you take good care of it, it will last longer. Regular tune-ups will help prolong your air conditioner’s lifespan so that you don’t have to replace it as often.
3) Saves you money in the long run – Although you may have to pay for the tune-ups and maintenance, it will save you money in the long run. This is because, as mentioned above, it can prevent expensive repairs and replacements. Additionally, a well-maintained AC unit will run more efficiently, thus lowering your energy bills.
4) Improves indoor air quality – Not only does a well-functioning AC unit improve the temperature in your home, but it also helps to filter out pollutants and improve indoor air quality. This is especially important for those who suffer from allergies or other respiratory problems.
5) Provides peace of mind – Knowing that your AC unit is running properly can give you peace. In addition, regular tune-ups will help you to have confidence in your AC unit and know that it is working as it should.
Having the unit regularly serviced for cleaning, checkup, and maintenance also prevents the need for unnecessary expensive repair or replacement costs. It will not cost much if a repair is needed because the unit undergoes regular servicing. This is especially important for those with an older unit that may be more prone to breaking down and needing repairs.
Moreover, you can expect longer operational life and maximize the unit’s full potential by applying the right amount of care and by fixing any small problem immediately. Keep in mind that a minor irregularity can lead to a major malfunction.
ECM Air Conditioning, with its headquarters located in Boynton Beach, FL, provides air conditioning services within Palm Beach County, Broward County, Martin County, and St. Lucie County. If you’re looking to have a new HVAC system installed, we’re on-call and ready to assist you. So if you’re in need of an HVAC installation, don’t hesitate to contact us today to schedule an inspection! Our HVAC installation experts will check your ductwork, measure, check wire sizes, and more before making recommendations to ensure maximum efficiency and comfort. Call us at 561-295-1763 or contact our HVAC installation team online by clicking here.