When your air-conditioning unit fails you in the middle of a hot summer day, it can affect your work. People become irritable and you can’t accomplish your tasks as usual. So, hiring an AC Repair Contractor for those living in the Jupiter area becomes top priority. But how do you avoid getting scammed by an HVAC contractor?
Read on for some helpful tips.
- Go where the AC Repair Contractor Jupiter professionals hang out
- Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) site, a non-profit organization that lists reputable contractors within this area.
- Angie’s List offers ratings and reviews from customers who hired an AC Repair Contractor Jupiter professional. You can find ratings from A to F, and detailed reviews on cost, agreements, deadlines, professionalism, and other factors.
- Better Business Bureau double checks consumer ratings and complaints.
- Check the paperwork
- Only hire a licensed AC Repair Contractor Jupiter professional. Licensing for HVAC contractors vary in every state. Some require exams and technical training. Check their licensing on the National Contractors site or the Contractor’s License Reference Site.
- Make sure the AC Repair Contractor Jupiter professional is also bonded. A surety bond will protect you from unfair dealings and unwanted costs should something go wrong with your agreement.
- Finally, make sure the worker is insured. Worker’s compensation insurance is a must. You never know when things might go wrong.
- Check the contract
Don’t just rely on any promise the HVAC contractor makes over the phone. Require bids or quotes to be done in writing or sent via email. The contract should include details such as:
- Deadline for completion and schedule
- Due dates for payments
- Breakdown of all equipment and labor costs, tax rebates, warranties, and potential energy saving costs. Keep in mind upfront and long-term energy costs.
- Ask about financing options as well.
- Check for Official Referrals
Ask for at least three referrals from former customers of the HVAC contractor you are looking to hire. Take time to call the referrals and get your questions answered.
- Ask for Experienced Contractors
It is well worth paying an experienced HVAC contractor in Jupiter, FL. Ask your potential contractor these questions or visit their website in case your FAQs have already been answered there:
- Are you a full-time or part-time contractor?
- How long have you been in business?
- What is your experience dealing with this particular air-conditioning system that I own?
- What are your areas of special expertise?
- What continuing training, if any, are you doing to keep up with technology?
A good AC Repair Contractor in Jupiter should be licensed, bonded, and insured. Further, experience is necessary to make sure the job is done right once and for all. Going with a cheaper newbie can lead to more expenses later on, especially if a back job will be called for. Finally, regular maintenance can ensure lesser costs in the future for AC repair and replacement.
ECM Air Conditioning, with its headquarters located in Boynton Beach, FL, provides air conditioning services within Palm Beach County, Broward County, Martin County, and St. Lucie County. If you’re looking to have a new HVAC system installed, we’re on-call and ready to assist you. So if you’re in need of an HVAC installation, don’t hesitate to contact us today to schedule an inspection! Our HVAC installation experts will check your ductwork, measure, check wire sizes, and more before making recommendations to ensure maximum efficiency and comfort. Call us at 561-295-1763 or contact our HVAC installation team online by clicking here.