48FC units are single-packaged electric cooling and gas heating units that are pre-wired and pre-charged with Puron® (R-410A) HFC refrigerant. Sizes 04-06 models use single-stage cooling capacity control. Size 07 models use two-stage cooling capacity control.
An onboard, microprocessor-based control maintains properly balanced system performance for each mode of operation. The control incorporates a digital display of the desired temperature setting and the current actual space temperature. In addition, a unit status indicator will detect when the filter is dirty or needs cleaning when there is a low refrigerant condition or if the service panel has been removed. Other indicators show power to the unit and fault conditions in operation.
The 48FC units are designed to provide heating and cooling service with better than 20 SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) efficiency at part load conditions while maintaining a heating capacity greater than 80% at 47°F outdoor ambient temperature and 0°F entering condenser water temperature. Units can be used in single or dual configurations (systems others provide). Bright red, corrosion-resistant anodized aluminum louvers with aerodynamic design are standard.
Units can be installed either horizontally or vertically on a roof curb with 2 inches (51 mm) of static pressure at the point of discharge into the space and a minimum static pressure drop through the unit. Internal cabinet condensate drains should direct water to the area that will not cause service problems. Roof curbs and other accessories must have clearance between 0 degrees and 90 degrees from the vertical axis of air conditioning equipment to comply with ASHRAE 62-1989 Standard.
The units are pre-charged with R-410A refrigerant, so no additional refrigerant is required for field installation. All units are factory charged with 14.0 oz. (400 g) of refrigerant and have a 1/4-inch (6 mm) service valve for field charging at the heat exchanger.
- Meets and exceeds ASHRAE 90.1 energy efficiency levels
- New unit control board with intuitive, quick fan speed adjustment
- New direct drive – EcoBlue™ Technology indoor fan system uses a Vane Axial fan design & electronically commutated motor
- Single-stage cooling capacity 04-06 models, two-stage on 07 models
- SEERs up to 14.0, IEER of 15.0
- Gas efficiencies up to 82%
- Cooling operating range up to 115 °F (46°C) and down to 40°F (4°C) using winter start kit
- Innovative corrosive-resistant composite condensate pan following ASHRAE 62 Standard, sloping design; side or center drain
- Exclusive IGC solid-state control for onboard diagnostics with LED error code designation and burner control logic
- Pre-painted exterior panels and primer-coated interior panels tested to 500 hours of salt spray protection.
Standard air conditioners can protect themselves from excess current flow through an internal overload device that interrupts power to prevent motor burnout. However, not all motors can provide overload protection; these motors must be replaced if they do not provide this feature. Be sure to check your unit’s data sheet or consult with a qualified HVAC technician before attempting any repairs yourself.
The 48FC units use R-410A refrigerants and require regular maintenance checks to keep the system working properly. This can include changing the filter, cleaning and lubricating the fan motor, checking leaks in the evaporator or condenser coil, and inspecting drain lines. In addition, a professional HVAC technician can perform routine maintenance checks on your system to ensure it does not break down during a heat wave or cold snap.
Contact Us for a Free Quote
Commercial Installation Assessment