The 50BVQ is ideal for various applications, including residential, light commercial, and educational facilities.
The 50BVQ provides the ultimate flexibility due to its design versatility. In addition, these units are manufactured in multiple airflow configurations, allowing the installer to adapt locally per the application requirements.
The heat pump also permits either vertical or horizontal piping installation options as well as indoor or outdoor mounting options. In addition, these models can be set up for single-phase/3-speed operation in cooling/heating with electric reheat or hot water coil auxiliary heating as required by local code. And harness optional factory-supplied or field-installed accessories such as an economizer, freeze protection controls, and ventilation control modules. With all this flexibility and high-efficiency performance, the 50BVQ is an excellent choice for your next replacement or renovation application.
The 50BVQ water-cooled packaged heat pump is part of our line of packaged water source heat pumps. These units offer up to 14.0 HSPF and COPs as high as 3.2, which makes them one of the most efficient heating/cooling systems available in their class today.
This type of packaging delivers all important features, including indoor air quality (IAQ), serviceability, and reliability, together with superior performance and efficiency that are demanded today by building owners, architects, and engineers alike. The 50BV series continues the tradition started by Trane’s 15-ton Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners (PTAC), which feature the highest quality and reliability of any PTAC on the market. As a result, no other packaged heat pump can compare to the 50BV series in comfort, efficiency, and innovation.
- Capacities of 18, 20, 25, and 30 tons
- EER of up to 14.6
- ASHRAE 90.1 compliant
- Variety of drive and motor options for low and medium static pressure applications
- Coaxial tube-in-tube design condensers
- Reversing valves for reverse cycle heating mode
- Two electronically and mechanically independent refrigerant circuits
- Supply fan housing and wheels designed for quiet, low-velocity operation
- Direct expansion evaporator coil
- One or two forward-curved, high-pressure Class II fan assemblies
- Fully insulated, unpainted, galvanized steel cabinet
- Compressors mounted on rubber grommets
- Crankcase heater on size 034