The 50BVC indoor water-cooled packaged unit is for vertical installation, various airflow configurations, and cooling-only operation. These units provide a versatile and economical approach to comfort conditioning requirements in replacement, renovation, and new construction applications.
The silent scroll compressor provides quiet operation, while the microchannel coil allows efficient heat transfer and improved refrigerant control. In addition, the aluminum evaporator coil provides corrosion resistance in humid environments.
It includes full-width drip shields that protect against foam loss under harsh conditions.
Each unit has an optional ECM motor controller to maximize efficiency at all operating speeds. In addition, enhanced diagnostics such as LED communication link fault indicator, onboard self-test capability, and power supply voltage monitoring circuit.
The circuit continuously monitors incoming line voltage and performs a self test each time power is applied.
These units are designed to be installed on the roof or in a utility room. They can also be mounted on any wall or used with optional indoor cabinets for raised floor applications.
The base unit contains a single set of redundant controllers that monitor refrigerant pressures, superheat, temperatures, and currents associated with the compressor cooling circuit. In addition, automatic restart after power interruption has been added to conserve energy when required.
- Capacities of 18, 20, 25, and 30 tons
- EER of up to 14.8
- ASHRAE 90.1 compliant
- Variety of drive and motor options for low and medium static pressure applications
- Coaxial tube-in-tube design condensers
- Two electronically and mechanically independent refrigerant circuits
- Supply fan housing and wheels designed for quiet, low-velocity operation
- Direct expansion evaporator coil
- One or two forward-curved, high pressure Class II fan assemblies
- Fully insulated, unpainted, galvanized steel cabinet
- Compressors mounted on rubber grommets
- Crankcase heater on size 034