The Aquazone 50PTV Water-Cooled Two-Stage Water Source Heat Pump (WSHP) made by Carrier, a company that specializes in producing HVAC equipment. WSHPs are a type of geothermal heating and cooling system that use the earth’s relatively constant temperature or a nearby body of water as a source of heat in the winter and a source of coolness in the summer.
The Aquazone 50PTV is designed for commercial and industrial use and can provide heating and cooling for large buildings. It has a cooling capacity of 50 tons and a heating capacity of 60 tons. The two-stage compressor allows the system to operate at both high and low speeds, which allows it to efficiently meet the varying heating and cooling needs of the building.
The water-cooled design of the Aquazone 50PTV means that it uses water to dissipate the heat generated by the compressor rather than air. This makes the system more efficient, as water is a better conductor of heat than air. Additionally, using water for cooling also helps to reduce the amount of noise generated by the system.
The Aquazone 50PTV also features advanced controls that allow for precise control of the temperature and humidity within the building. This allows for optimal comfort for the occupants while also helping to reduce energy consumption. In addition, the system can be connected to a building management system (BMS) for even greater control and monitoring of the HVAC system.
One of the key advantages of the Aquazone 50PTV is its ability to use a nearby body of water as the source of heat and coolness rather than relying on underground loops. This can greatly reduce the cost and complexity of installing the system and make it more environmentally friendly. Additionally, the system can be configured to use a combination of water and ground loops for even greater efficiency.
Another advantage of the Aquazone 50PTV is its high level of efficiency. The system is designed to have a coefficient of performance (COP) of up to 5.0 for heating and up to 5.6 for cooling, which means that for every unit of electricity used, the system can produce up to 5.6 units of heating or cooling. This makes it significantly more efficient than traditional HVAC systems.
Overall, the Aquazone 50PTV is a highly advanced and efficient water-cooled two-stage water source heat pump that is well-suited for commercial and industrial applications. Its ability to use a nearby body of water as the source of heat and coolness, combined with its advanced controls and high level of efficiency, make it an excellent choice for large buildings looking to reduce their energy consumption and improve the comfort of their occupants.
- Capacities of 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 tons
- EERs up to 37
- Puron® non-ozone depleting R-410A refrigerant
- Two-stage scroll compressor mounted on computer-selected vibration isolators.
- Standard extended range package for open loop and geothermal applications (temperature range of 25° to 110°F)
- Fully insulated unit with acoustic-type insulation
- Hot gas reheat
- Equipped with a performance monitor to ensure efficient heat pump operation
- TXV (thermostatic expansion valve) controlled
- Copper or cupronickel heat exchanger
- Mute package for applications requiring especially low noise levels
- MERV 8 or MERV 13 filters
- Electrical disconnect
- 5, 10, 15, and 20 kW electric reheat
- Exceeds ASHRAE 90.1 performance requirements
- ARI/ISO 13256-1 Certified
- Galvanized steel construction
- Stainless steel, coated, and insulated condensate pan
- Tin-Electro-Plated Copper Tubing /w Aluminum Fin coils for corrosive environments
- Two-way motorized control valve available for open-type systems or variable speed pumping
- Reversing valve (4-way), water-to-refrigerant coaxial coil, and enhanced aluminum fin/rifled copper tube refrigerant-to-air heat exchanger standard
- Microprocessor control with DDC (Direct Digital Controls) options
- CSA and ETL certified
- Access to the compressor section through service panels on three sides
- All service may be done through the large, removable front or side panels.
- Easily removable control box
- Refrigerant circuit equipped with high/low-pressure ports
- No tools are required to change filters
- Standard, 1-in. filter
- Units may be mounted in ceilings, closets, attics, etc.
- Ducted or free return connections
- Pre-wired and factory charged with R-410A refrigerant
- Horizontal units include factory-installed hanger isolation brackets
- Vertical units have internally trapped condensate drains.
- Water and condensate connections are FPT and secured to the cabinet.
- Single-point electrical connection
Contact Us for a Free Quote
Commercial Installation Assessment